10 new hot shop challengers compete on Netflix season 2 of Blown Away
Join the eSculpture community discussion of Season 2 of the 10 episode Netfix series. Have not seen it ? Ten master artists compete for the chance to win $60,000 in prizes, residency at the Corning Museum of Glass and the title of “Best in Blow”.
Series 2 was filmed in Ontario, Canada at the largest glassblowing studio ever built in North America, designed specifically for the the competition. The space allows 10 artists to work simultaneously, using two large glass-melting furnaces, 10 reheating furnaces and 10 individual work stations.
Blown Away contestants include:
• Elliot Walker British sculptor and glassblower
• Cat Burns full-time assistant at East Falls Glass Works in Philadelphia
• Chris Taylor – Instructor Rhode Island School of Design
• Nao Yamamoto–Japense Born and Seattle based glass blower
• Andi Kovel– Seattle-based glass artist
• Mike Shelbo– Vista California glass artist and glass studio operator
• Brad Turner – Vancouver-based artist, glass blower, and Dad
• Jason McDonald – California based glass blower and instructor
• Ben Silver – Eugene, Oregon glass blower
• Tegan Hamilton – Australia based glass artist
Open Your Online Gallery & Get Discovered By Art Lovers Around The World.
eSculpture is a destination, hangout and shopping site for all things sculpture. Artist can purchase art supplies and or open a retail gallery in minutes. Art lovers can become fans of an artist, purchase, collect and discover the amazing stories behind each work. LEARN MORE